Mental Health Awareness Month

Monday, May 16, 2016 | 0 comments

So May is Mental Health Awareness Month, I actually found out about it just last week...Anyway, Mental Health is extremely important to people, and by stigmatizing it doesn't help the people who has poor Mental Health. 

I have poor Mental Health, I was diagnosed with Major Depression Disorder when I was fifteen years old. I struggled getting out of bed and just being what I used to be. My family didn't understand me, they thought I was overreacting, they said mean things to me like "when you turn eighteen, you have leave this house," and even physical hurt me. 

I've tried to commit suicide in school, I brought a pack of antidepressants and I swallow them all in front of a friend. I felt extremely nauseous the day after, but my mom still forced me to go to school. I was tired...nobody understood me, I was alone.

It took years to get the help I desperately need. I have a psychiatrist and a psychotherapist. They both help me cope with depression. My treatment is still ongoing and but I know I'm slowly getting better. I'm on my last year of College, so that's a biggest accomplishment I have achieved yet.

My Mental Health was affecting my future, but with help, I was able strengthen it. What I want to say is that, it does get better. But first we all need to realize how much it affects people, and not stigmatize them.

So, I'm pledging to read this following books this month;


They all deal with Mental Health, and maybe this would enlighten me more about the other illnesses cause by poor Mental Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 The Invisible Misfit All Rights Reserved · All Logos & Trademark Belongs To Their Respective Owners | Template by These Paper Hearts
Back to Top